Saturday, June 9, 2007

My Sister!

I mentioned in my previous post, that the pics were taken just before I left for a lovely evening out!

Yes..... what a great time I had! Hubby's oldest sister and husband pastor a church of over 15 000 people in a smallish town called Bloemfontein.( translation= flower fountain) Their church is not only growing in leaps and bounds, but it is impacting the city and the peoples lives in an awesome way! It is quite miraculous to see a church with equal numbers of African and European people all praising our Lord with one voice! Bloemfontein is an Afrikaans community that had very strong ties to the past Apartheid government... so that is why this occurrence is even more miraculous!!

Yip... so my sister-in-law invited me to a ladies meeting, at which she would be giving the message. All I can say is WOW....... the decor was beautiful, and the woman were blessed with drama, dancing, fellowshipping, numerous surprise gifts and a challenging message from my sis! I was so proud of her. (In a godly way of course!)

Snapped before we left ............ the brunette and the blonde!!!

I love you sis...... I see your strength and your humility!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

6 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Awesome pics- you and your children are very photogenic!

Beth said...

Love the photos! Enjoy that new toy :) Your weekend away sounds wonderful. You are very blessed to have a sis-in-law like her, what a blessing from God! Glad you're back to blogging, too, but I understand the need of rest. I, too, have been resting as we prepare for our journey back home. I'm hoping to have some more time to blog in the next few months!

beth

la bellina mammina said...

great photo of you and sis.

Anonymous said...

You must be so happy to have a digital camera again!

teeth whitener

Halfmoon Girl said...

I have a question for you regarding food at my blog:
http://halfmoonhappenings.blogspot.com/2007/06/questions-for-my-non-canadian-friends.html

Trina said...

That is so great and inspirational! I love to hear success stories like that! I love your pics. Your profile one is stunning (of course) too!