Sunday, January 8, 2006

New horizons in the hands of God


We have just returned home from a fantastic holiday in Durban, Natal. We spent Christmas and New year with family.

It was humid and hot , but the sea was refreshingly cool.

My 1 year old daughter is besotted with monkeys. Where we stayed, the monkeys would visit every morning for breakfast! They took apples and carrots out of hands and even tried to scrummage through the kitchen.


My 2 older boys flew kites, ate, bogey boarded, ate, played play station, ate, visited couzins and grandparents, ate and ATE some more!!! They must be about to grow a whole lot!


I don't have photos....SORRY!.... I left my digital camera at home. But my Mumsee lent me her 'normal' camera. These photos of family will mean alot to me as we are probably immigrating to New Zealand early this year!

My Hubby has been offered a job in Auckland and with the situation in South Africa as it is.... we feel our children would have a lot more opportunities in NZ. Don't get me wrong.... South Africa is beautiful! When I do my 'Shout Out' for other people to visit my homeschool site, this is how I describe S.Africa........


"Come visit me under the beautiful, sunny skies of Africa, where the Lion are Fierce, the Giraffe are Graceful and the Taxis are FEARLESS!"


The city we stay in - Johannesburg - is vibrant and fast. Most people have very good work ethics, and live by the slogan " Work hard, Play hard".

This is our home, our incredibly beautiful land!.........But we are planning to leave.


Why? You may ask. Well, unfortunately there are very few job opportunities for white males, and having two sons , this obviously concerns us! Crime, rape and murder is a huge problem and is NOT getting any better.


Boyd and I have prayed, and believe that if we are not meant to leave then doors will close and the process of immigration will be stopped! But if God has other plans then he is welcome to (as the song goes) "Swing wide those heavenly gates". Either way we will make the best of what ever happens!


Well, I must go and order the Sonlight Curriculum for this year, as we start in two weeks!

Will be writing soon


Fiffi

No comments: