Tuesday, October 31, 2006

So diverse , it's scary !

I mentioned a while back that the culture and life in South Africa is very DIVERSE! Well, I thought I would give an example! Now you need to understand that most of the photos I have posted are not taken by me and there is a good reason why!

If I had to venture onto the streets of Johannesburg with a digital camera, I would be PROMPTLY relieved of it! In fact my life may even be at risk!

You may be thinking "Oh, Boy another drama queen!" No not at all........others have been killed for much less! Scary yes.........but we have learnt to adapt and be SO aware! So the pics ARE of the real places but just not taken by me!

Yes....as I was saying, I would like to show you the contrast of living conditions we have in our country!

About 3km away from my home, we have an exclusive Golfing Estate.

The average house costs 6-8 Million Rand and looks like this...............

Now, on the other side of this estate's massive walls, we have people living in a squatter camp .............

who have to endure terrible living conditions..........................

Unfortunately that is life here............extreme juxtaposition!

The situation is terribly sad.

Love

Fifi

No comments: