Tuesday, December 5, 2006

My Handy-Men make a Go-Cart !

My hubby is talented at MANY things, but one of them is not handy-man-fixer-things! When anything needs to be hung or painted, when DIY shelves or computer work shelves need to be erected,........ I do not ask for his assistance, as I know it just ain't his cup of tea! This works well for me, as I love doing ALL these sorts of jobs! I feel comfortable with a power drill or a paint brush in my hand.

Getting back to the reason for this post............ Hubby went to Builders Warehouse over the weekend and bought every imaginable screw size, drills, glue gun,drill bits, chisels, 3 wood saws etc..etc.. He was quite excited with his purchase, and I was a little surprised!? Then he offloaded some long planks, and presented them to the boys and announced that they were to draw a plan and make a Go-Kart! Which they did, without anybody's help!

Then I realized what Hubby was doing. Besides giving them a fun project to do, he was ensuring that they learn about handy-man stuff.


They are having enormous fun with it!


Love Fiffi

No comments: