Thursday, March 22, 2007

Creative Expression

This week the boys were commisioned(teehee) by moi to write a rhyming poem. For CoolDude this was his first time. So what I did , was I told him to come up with a line, then I told him to write down all the words that rhymed with the last word on that line. I then asked him to write a follow on sentence that ended with that rhyming word.
And Voila..... I was blown away! (of course his spelling wasn't this perfect!)

Cars

O how I would love to drive that fast car
you should see it drive quickly over the tar.
When I wish upon a star
I wish it was that really cool car!
I will buy a Porsche when I am rich
it may go so fast I'll get a stitch.
It will hit bugs because it goes so fast
and I don't think the screen will last!
Then my next car will be a Dodge Viper
They'll give me a guarantee for the wipers.
But now I am just eight years old
by the time I get big it will be sold!

By CoolDude- 8,5 years


WizzKid was asked to write on Autumn. I think he did pretty well! To read more of their creative exercises go here.

Autumn

The trees have all turned gold
and so summer grows cold.
They are all losing their leaves
and winter grows near says the breeze.
I walk over leaves that crack
and then suddenly WHACK!
A tree has fallen over
and crushed nearby clover.
Why is it that summer has an end?
Sometimes it sends me round the bend!
Outside things seem mildly cold
everything is starting to look old.
Bolder and bolder Autumn becomes
sometimes I am bored enough to twiddle my thumbs.
But there's one thought that makes me sing
here's what it is....... spring, spring SPRING!

by WizzKid - 11 years

1 comment:

KC said...

very creative pomes indeed