Monday, July 2, 2007

From the sublime to the ridiculous


This idiom describes my weekend in one neat sentence!

Imagine this..... it's a Saturday morning, you open your eyes and a sweet smile explodes upon your face. You swiftly get dressed into rather homely clothes and you exit the house without a care or a single cling-on. It is 9 am and you do not feel guilty about leaving the house in disarray. And of course why should you, as you have organised a cleaner for the day, and Hubby is taking the kids out to Gold Reef City, an exciting amusement park!
That's how my weekend started....

The homely clothes were a necessity, as I was off to a craft workshop for the day. And what a great time I had mosaicing a bistro table.(It's almost complete.)
At 5:30 I came home to an imaculate home, 3 exhausted kids and Hubby who had that so-glad-to-see-you look upon his face.
After sprucing myself up and making sure that the boys weren't wearing their army trousers for the fifth day in a row, we all left for an evening of dinner and theatre.
Now this is were it starts to get interesting. About half an hour into the show CoolDude said... "Mom, I don't feel too well, I think I'm going to vommit." I had TanziPanzi asleep on my lap, so Hubby took him to the loo. Well, they never made it there in time! OOOPS! For the rest of the night he looked gastly. Eventually at home we all crashed.
Sunday morning I did not wake with a sweet smile upon my face. I was exhausted from having to attend to a sick child, and in between wrestling TanziPanzi for the duvet.(She still sleeps in our bed.... shocking I know!) As I hoisted myself off the bed, I heard a familiar phrase.... " I don't feel to well." It was Hubby and he dashed through to the loo! An hour later it hit me too. Boy did I feel horrid.

We spent the whole of Sunday resting and hurling. Not a pretty sight. WizzKid started feeling sick in the evening, and he too ended up taking regular trips to the bathroom!
As I stared into the lavatory bowl yesterday, for the umpteenth time, I reflected upon how family continues to keep me oh so grounded!

Love Fifi


----------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Trina said...

OHhhhh that is AWFUL! Honestly it started off so great, but it ended on a sour note...Yes I said it...SOUR...hahaha Im sure Tanzi got it too then? I hope you are better by now!

la bellina mammina said...

Oh no! Was it something you guys ate? Hope everyone feels better by now!

Halfmoon Girl said...

yuck yuck yuck! Stomach flu is one of the worst! Hope you are all recovered. How does your mosaic look?