Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ode to a Breadcrumb

I just love this poem WizzKid wrote today. I thought the task was a hard one, but in 20 minutes he was finished!
.
.
Why waste paper on a breadcrumb you ask
Ah-ha but take off that mask.
I know that you are curious
and if I don't carry on you'll be furious!
A breadcrumb looks like a bold bright cloud
If you knew it's value you would shout it aloud!
A breadcrumb may seem so utterly minute
but I'll tell you why the breadcrumbs a hoot!
It can be puffy and brown like the bark of the oak.
Steady yourself now you don't want to choke!
I'll tell you it's value without a glitch
the breadcrumb is part of the famous sandwich!
.
.by WizzKid (almost 12yrs)
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

What a fabulous poem- I love it when people write about every day things. Great job!

Katie said...

What a great job! I read it to my kids, they howled with laughter!