Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fixer-woman!

It feels so good to be needed and appreciated! Last night presented such a moment!

<><><><><><><><>

This past week Hubby has been setting up a small gym at home. He bought me a treadmill, and himself a stationary bike. Add a set of weights and a bench........ picture completed.
Well almost.............. Hubby decided we needed a TV to entertain us as we pounded it out!

During the week he bought the TV and last night, during dinner preparation, he decided to erect the goody! Knowing that I am the handy-woman of the house, he asked if I would oblige and help him. I told him I was busy making dinner ,and that I could do the job tomorrow.

So...... Hubby and his two sons proceeded to mount the plasma TV on a bracket in the corner of the room.

I heard the odd comment ...... "Oh no... that's not right!" " Why aren't the screws going in?" " Dad, I think it's going to be very skew!"
Then I heard Hubby's plea.........."BABES , I need your help here!" After assessing the scene I realised I was needed, or forever I would have to watch Sky.NEWS with my head positioned in the 45 degree angle!

The boys were jubilant that I was now on the scene! Hubby has many talents..... handy work just ain't one of them!

So, off to work I set with two very important weapons! My measuring tape and my set of Hilti Screws! That's it girls........ and the job was done! El Pronto!

Love and hugs ...... Fifi




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are superwoman! :)

Katie said...

WooHoo!! Way to go Fifi~ I find I stay on my stationary bike much longer if I'm watching TV. Enjoy the resluts of your hard work :-)

Halfmoon Girl said...

You are multi talented! That sounds like a great exercise room!

Anonymous said...

Just scoot over a bit and I'll bring my old ab lounger in to lay down and watch tv. It's no fun working out alone so I'll just keep you company and hand you a towel or bottle of water-- anything to be useful. :-)

Kate said...

I make us woman proud!!

la bellina mammina said...

Brava Fifi! In this household of 4 males and me, guess who the handyman is...???

sara said...

Girl power! You'll have fun working-out now!

Terri said...

That is great! Hope all that works out well for you. I just can't get motivated to do it and I have that stuff in my garage! One day!

Beth said...

Way to go for Handy-Women!!