Monday, October 15, 2007

Go Bokke Go!

Our country has been bitten by the Rugby bug! Yes, we've always been rather susceptible to this nu-nu(little creature), but this time round we've got the Rugby Fever in a big way!

What am I rambling on about?..... Well, it's the Rugby World Cup! And South Africa has made it through to the finals! Yippeeeeee!I do realise that many of my American readers might not know what Rugby is, so here is a link to our team ........... The Springboks. We love to call them "THE BOKKE" or "OUR BOYS".


Last Sunday night, the kids stayed up late with us to watch the Semi Finals. S.Africa vs Argentina. We won..... but there were a few nail-biting moments!




All the excitement was just too much for a couple of younger family members!!!!

GO BOKKE....... BRING HOME THE TROPHY!
hugs Fifi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

meNmykids said...

Good luck, sounds fun. The kids looked like they had a bit too much fun, tiring.

KC said...

I have heard of it, can't say I know much about it.. but it looks like a good time with the family anyways.. and since I don't have a team to cheer for.. I'll just say Go Bokke!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Fee...it was nail biting for a little while there. SA was sooooo good at stepping in just when Argentina was making a mistake. And they made a lot of them! It was awesome to watch. Can't wait for the weekend to see them against England!
Went out to dinner with Ryan and of course he was sporting his SA jersey and I mentioned that he should order the lamb...and he said "Honey, I'm not going to eat a New Zealand lamb dish while sporting this South African Jersey and not during the World Cup, who do you think I am???" Can you believe it...? heee heee

Katie said...

Awww, that's sweet. Our hockey keeps us biting our nails too! It's some great family time though, we spread out on the florr with a picnic and make a night of it!

Anonymous said...

We have rugby in our public schools here in Indiana. The pictures of your little ones that pooped out on you were too cute. Good luck in the finals.

Blessings,
Lori

la bellina mammina said...

Yeah!! I was rooting for S.A too:-)