Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Our first Triathlon............

Moving out of a big city to a small town (the locals still call it 'the village') has been an exciting yet different experience for each member of our family.
For TanziPanzi it's been all about the beach! She loves the sea, but hates the sand in her costume.(Boy, do we have drama over this!)
CoolDude is just so excited to be starting a new school, getting a uniform and making new friends. He's our social bunny and quite the girl magnet, it seems.(Have to keep an eye on that!)
WizzKid is missing Johannesburg the most. Not only is he the splitting image of his Dad, but he also loves the city life like his dad!
Fee(that's me) is over the moon to be reconnecting with old friends and family. The 9 years in the city were good but I do feel a new chapter in my life is starting to unfold, and I am so ready for it!
MrGee commutes between Johannesburg and Hillcrest weekly.(An hour flight.) His Tuesday to Thursday's are spent in the big city, and he spends a more mellow time in Hillcrest from Friday to Monday. He is extremely happy to have the best of both worlds!! He loves the vibe and business activities a big city provides, but is also keen to encourage great family time that involves alot of outdoor activities.
So on that note, MrGee has got the boys involved in Triathlons.They did there first race last weekend. WizzKid did so well in the swim, but fell way back in the cycle and run. CoolDude surprised us. He is definately a late bloomer. He did okay in the swim, but gained alot of ground in the run to come first!!!!!.

Here are some pics from the day................
Hugs Fee

7 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

yeah, congrats to your boys. I admire those who have the stamina to do triathalons! My sister is quite the runner, where as I am not so much. Looks like you all had a fun day. When are you going to do one?

sara said...

What a great experience for your boys! Great job! To even finish to me sounds good :)

Anonymous said...

That is great. Congrats!! I am like Tanzi it IS ALL about the beach. We are a few hours away now, but we did live at the beach for four years, only a little over a year ago. I miss it. Glad to hear you are settling in.
Chasity
www.homeschoolblogger.com/mojmommy

Beth said...

Yeah! Way to go Wizkid and Cool Dude. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying time back!

beth

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic!!!!!!! Wow.

Gill said...

Well done to your boys! My girls did a couple of Mudman's and really enjoyed it.

I have tagged you over on my blog - don't feel forced to do the meme though, I know life is hectic with new home, new school etc etc

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I can't believe it. MrGee is fierce! It looks like a great accomplishment by both boys. Tanzigirl was having fun as well!