Thursday, September 25, 2008

Almost complete.......

I really enjoyed making this mosaic piece of furniture. Perhaps because I know it is going to be used .............. ALOT! My boys just love chess. I chose the colours to match my lounge.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I just have to sand and varnish the wood , and then it will be totally complete!
TanziPanzi did her first proper craft project today. It was looking SO pretty..... and then I think she smudged the black eye paint onto the wing. She said, "I decided to make a duck with a broken wing."

Photobucket
I suppose she's using artistic licence at the age of 4! (hehehe)
Good night friends...... I'm off to dinner at my favourite restaurant with my favourite man!

xx

7 comments:

Michelle said...

oh, fifi, you did a wonderful job! Beautiful! I have always wanted to try and do something like this but just have not taken the time to do it. I have thought about doing the drink coasters for Christmas gifts.

TanziPanzi ~ I love her little duck! Oh, and its poor broken wing (heehee) She is SO sweet!

Shan said...

Woowoo! Dinner with the MAN eh? Nice. In the meantime, I'll try not to be jealous of all that artistry you are working over there. You are one talented mama, and it's always so fun to peek in and see what you and yours are up too.
I like Tanzi's shadowy interpretation of a duck making his way on the streets. Cutie.

Anonymous said...

I love the piece you did, it is beautiful. Let Tanzi Panzi know she did a lovely job too. I love her little ducky.
Be blessed,
Chasity

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Fee...it looks fantastic. I love it. I'm sure the boys will love it.
I love Tanzi's duck, so cute. She's so intelligent to change up her project to suite the paint!

Trina said...

Seriously beautiful Fifi!! You are very talented and it is rubbing off on Tanzi!

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I know this is an inappropriate time--so when you are up to it, I have tagged you. I already did the thing...or else I wouldn't bother you with this.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Wow, GREAT job!!! I have been thinking about how nice a table like that would be around here... I do have a cheapy $15 IKEA table in the living room... that would make a nice chess table!