Sunday, January 23, 2011

Overseas Holiday

On the 27Th Dec 2010 I got on an aeroplane for the first time in 11 years. ~shocking I know~
Our family flew out of Durban's Oliver Thambo Airport with Emirates Airlines.

(Above: Look who was my wing man.)
What a pleasant experience though .... why had I been so nervous? Okay so I did take a tranquilizer before we boarded and was very happy when the Air Hostess offered me a drink on board. " Yes, red wine please." Eight hours later we landed in Dubai.
Tired but excited we were half way to England.
(Above: The A380 in the background ... I was so happy to see 4 engines on the plane. What a smooth ride!)
Two hours later we departed for London.

(Above: CoolDude 'controlling' Miss Tanzi as we boarded.)
SO...... after 20 hours of travelling we eventually landed at Heathrow .... exhausted!
BUT..... ready to explore London!

No comments: