Thursday, February 15, 2007

A definate tear jerker!

Today, we finished the read-a-loud "Walk the World's Rim" by Betty Baker. I must admit it took us a while to get into it, but once we were in , we were hooked! It is a beautiful true story of Esteban, a Negro slave, who led the Spanish explorers across the New World(America) and his friendship with a Native American boy, Chakoh.
A huge lump in my throat grew as I read the last chapter, and I could not hold back my tears. Yes, I battled to read the last two pages between sobs and the comforting of my two sons! CoolDude was trying to ease my heartache and said...."Mom don't worry it's only a story!!!!" WizzKid said....."Yes Cool's, but it happens to be a true one!"
Love Fee

6 comments:

Trina said...

Awww that is so sweet that you had such a touching read a loud. Your boys will probably always remember that moment. What a great mom!

sara said...

I LOVE your new flowers on your background- SO cheerful and happy!

Kate said...

I'm with you girl! I cry at the end of every book and my kids are used to it now.

sara said...

Hey Fee, I did just post some of the info on protecting your blog. But also if you go to settings (blogger) then permissions- you can add everybody's e mail address who you want to read your blog- this is quite drastic- as you won't get any new readers...unless you leave up a blog that tells them to email you to ask permission.

I am sure this is as clear as mud!!!

momto3blessings said...

Awe soo sweet!

Trina said...

Thanks for the invite Fee! *muah*