Sunday, February 18, 2007

If it don't work......CHANGE IT!

I mentioned a little while back that I was battling to get into the swing of schooling this year. The days did not seem to flow and we were all getting frustrated. Last week, Thursday, I asked the kids what they thought would make our school days better! WizzKid's first words were "Mom, do you remember........... last year you gave us a work schedule for the week on every Monday!?! I think we need to do that again." Aah-ha! Something so simple!


Last year I had diligently planned each week in advance allocating specific subject tasks for each day. This year I had thought I would take a more relaxed approach, and let the kids set the pace! Obviously this was not working with my boys (and me!) We all seem to like the structure of a planned day!
Click on image below and you'll read it easily!

We live and learn. Here is this weeks schedule. History and Geography are not included. I have seperate schedules for these subjects.
I say go with what ever works best for you and your kids!
Love Fee

9 comments:

Becca said...

I wondered where you had gone! Thank you for inviting me to your new blog, it's wonderful. I love learning about life on your end of the world, especially since it's not so different from ours.

Love Tanna and the Barbie, she's so cute with her! Grace got her first Barbie about that age, a friend gave her one. Now she has suitcases full of them.

I like your weekly planner. I do something similar, but I have a form where I just write the lesson pages in. I may try to do something on the computer like you have.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for homeschooling your children! That is something I like the idea of..I just don't have the confidence to do it! LOL Good for you!

Trina said...

I loved reading your schedule. We did something similiar for the younger boys this year. Part of it has worked for us, but I need to fine tune some of the other stuff. Ive been homeschooling for so many years, but Im still trying to figure it all out.

meNmykids said...

I do something similar with the schedule. We accomplish so much more if I do. With so many to teach I had to become more strict and organized or they'd end up without a clue to anything. My kids like to have a schedule too.
Gale

Theresa said...

I agree Fee, go with whatever works for you.

Blessings!
Theresa
www.gracelikerain.typepad.com

Holly said...

Wow, looks like your really organized. I don't think we'd get anything done if I homeschooled. Our kids go to a small private school and we really like it. It's must be really nice to have your kids home so much.

momto3blessings said...

I may take your idea.
The great thing about homeschooling if its not working your free to stop and do something different.

Nicole said...

I am AMAZED at people who can homeschool. It is something that I am SO scared to do and actually been talked out of by certain teaching family members. What can I say. You rock though! I love the organization of you schedule. I think kids do WAY better with a schedule, yours too it seems. :)

Beckaboo said...

WOW!! Way to go, Mom!! ;o) I bet the kids will like having a say in how you do things.

Blessings, Beckie :o)