Sunday, March 25, 2007

Traumatised Tanzi!

A couple of weeks back I posted on how TanziPanzi was battling with her new playgroup. She was going to a mornings only group for 2-4 year olds. The reason I decided to put her in a playgroup, was mainly for the boys and my benefit. She is EXTREMELY demanding, so I thought if she attended this group, we would at least get 4 good schooling hours free of her distractions! And of course I justified my actions with...... 'she'll make a few new friends!'

After 8 weeks of tears, the teacher called me and said " I just don't think she is going to settle, she is still way to attached to you!" Apparently she would repeat over and over again," I need to go home, I need to sit on my mommy's lap."
So I brought her home.... and she entered our learning zone!.............................

she has been schooling with us for the last 3 weeks. She is starting to fit in well, but I think I might employ a student to come over twice a week to do creative stuff with her.
It dawned on me last week that she was probably upset with the fact that her brothers were getting to be with Mom while she was being shunted off to playgroup!!!! Clever little chilly pip!

Well, here she is taking part in our school day........


The teacher of her ex playgroup said she is SO strong in her mind and knows EXACTLY what she wants............. and so she got it, it seems!!!( Not always a bad thing!) But I am happy too!
Love Fiona



4 comments:

KC said...

Oh I have two very persistent girls.. very very strong willed, I think it is wonderful.. tring at times as a mother but I don't have to worry about them being pushed around by other people that is for sure. Sweet Pea last year cried just about every time I took her to preschool would hang on my leg and cry. She was only going 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours on those days.. I ended up giving up and took her out the last 2 months of it. This year came around and we tried again. and This year she loves it never once cried never once hung on my leg most the time she sees the kids runs right in and doesn't even say bye mom. But so far she was my only one who was like that, my other 2 when they were 3 years old and going to preschool they just ran right in.
NOW Little man my 22 month old, won't even stay in the church nursary without having a major melt down, so I don't even bother I just keep him with me.. (all my kids except MR Man, my 7 year old now were like that as babies and toddlers so they all stayed with me durning church)

Anonymous said...

AWww Tanzi- just want to hug her. :)

Emma is pretty demanding as well. I put most of her toys up in her closet, out of reach. When we homeschool, I bring down a "new" toy for her and it keeps her busy. I also get some great educational videos out of the library..she likes horses, so I usually get horse ones. I put those on when we are schooling as well. Other times, she hangs out with us.
N used to get his seat work/main subjects done in about an hour, with E, now it takes about 2.5! LOL

momto3blessings said...

It is great you recognized that wasnt working for her and you brought her home.

Michelle said...

She is such a cutie sitting there with her big brothers! I am having some of the same problems here with Sarah~ I feel like I am not doing enough school during the day and spending enough time with Emiy and Audrey because Sarah wants so much attention during the day! I had thought maybe I could get in school time during her nap BUT she will not take one!! I am hoping to figure something out prior to next year ~
Michelle