Monday, March 26, 2007

My Home Town

Through my blogging friends, I have learnt so much about America, Asia, Australia and other parts of the world. The terrain, living conditions and customs may be different, but the people are generally the same!
So, I have decided to give you little snippets here and there of our life in this uniquely -sort of -third world country........... South Africa! I love it here!
To start I thought it would be appropriate to introduce you to Durban.... where I was born, and where I lived for 29 years!
Below is the entrance to Durban's Harbour......................



Below: we have some of the hotels along the main stretch of beach... called North Beach. Durban's weather is always warm...... on the odd occassion you would need a jersey!


Below: Durban at night!

Below: Typical old Durban houses.



Below: The interiors of many Durban homes reflect an old world colonial feel. Authentic wooden strip flooring, and stand alone victorian baths are quite common in older houses!

Durban is the third largest city in S.Africa. Like most coastal cities it has a more laid back atmosphere. So that's my home town where most of my family still live!

Hope you enjoyed the virtual tour
love Fee



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an incredibly beautiful place. I had always heard that South Africa was beautiful. Now I'm feeling the travel bug!
Praying God's richest blessings over you and your family as you enjoy this decadent area of the world.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the South Africa tour. :) Love it, I love seeing new places. I'd love to there one day.

meNmykids said...

Fantastic, and couldn't come at a better time. Our family is doing a unit study on Africa and we are starting with South Africa! What a lovely place to live.
Gale

momto3blessings said...

I loved the virtual tour that was great/

KC said...

WOW Fee.
That is beautiful.. What a wonderful idea to share with us your home town and the country you live in. Thanks.

Jill said...

Hi. Thanks for dropping by on my blogspot. I've followed you here from homeschoolblogger. I copied you on my homesteadblogger blog and put a picture of my hometown - quite different than yours. homesteadblogger.com/1treepatch
I love your creative page too. Your blues and pink write beautiful poetry. Happy autumn! That's my favorite season, but spring here is really beautiful after a really cold winter. Jill

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! they are beautiful!
Michelle

Christine said...

That is a beautiful place! I know nothing of South Africa, so this was a treat to see.

Mom 2 six said...

Looks just beautiful !!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Fifi! I found you again! I finally figured out to subscribe to your blog via RSS. You don't have a button that I can find, but I used another address for someone else at bloglines and changed it to your name. For some reason, bloglines is censored in China. I can't get to the sites. But I can read them through the feed (Bloglines). So now I'll be reading what's up with you again.

I saw that you were nominated for best Geographical blog!! Congrats. I was too. So now we are in competition, right? :-) LOL! Your blog is so fun! I saw you were also on the encourager category! Horray for you!

James said...

Much different than where my daughter is moving to in Chad! Thanks for being a tour guide.