Sunday, April 15, 2007

I must be coming down with something!!!!

A domestic goddess I am not! I cook, I bake and I clean (when my domestic helper is on leave), because I know it is my duty. But this Sunday afternoon, I felt like making cookies. Maybe Hubby is praying I become that domestic goddess!
Admittedly they are probably the simplest cookies on earth. I also made pink and yellow play dough for TanziPanzi. She was happy and said "You buy it from shop, Mom?" For the first time I could say..... "Nope, it's the real thing sweetie!"

So here is the cookie recipe:-

Custard biscuits.

125 gr Icing Sugar
125 gr custard powder
250 gr flour
259 gr butter ( must be soft, and don't use marg!)
pinch of salt

Method:- Beat icing sugar and butter well - gently fold in the custard powder and then mix in the flour. Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a baking tray. Bake in a moderate oven- 180c- for about 20 minutes or until very pale golden brown and crisp. Tip:- Do not over handle the dough!

Love Fiona

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiffi- you made those? They look terrific. They look just like something you'd get at a fancy bakery. I've made simple homemade cookies and I promise you they didn't look that pretty.
I thought, if Fif thought it was easy, I'll try it...yet, I have no idea what icing sugar is or that custard stuff...wonder if it's a South African thing???

Katie said...

Those cookies look perfect! I'm going to try making them tomorrow :-)

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am off to bake some cookies for a field trip tomorrow. It's about 10 pm here, so I am not really in the mood at the moment.

I tagged you- I hope you will play along. Come see my blog for details.

Beth said...

They look beautiful :) I don't know what icing sugar or custard powder is though....they don't do much baking here in S.Korea--mainly baked goods comes from the bakeries on ever corner!