Thursday, May 10, 2007

Drive-thru shopping!

We have many beggars and vendors on our roads. When you stop at the robots(traffic lights), you invariably have someone shoving their wares in your nose or a beggar asking to remove your rubbish from your car for a small donation!!!

In fact I heard this saying the other day......... "South Africa is the only country in the world where you can do your monthly shopping at the robot!" Fruit, veges, toys, tissues, beaded ornaments, perfume, illegal DVD's, cooldrinks, sunglasses, handbags are just a few of the items that have been offered to me!!!!

I found this pic of a very creative S.African beggar.........

I'd donate just because he made me laugh in peak hour traffic!!!
love Fifi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


7 comments:

Katie said...

That sign is hilarious! I got such a good laugh :-)

Halfmoon Girl said...

That cracked me up too. My kids put on a puppet show the other day at a local daycare center. My son was a dinosaur and popped his puppet up to introduce himself saying loudly, "HI, I'm Horny!" My SIL and I smothered smiles. We are juveniles, what can I say.

Fifi said...

To Halfmoon girl
That is funeeee!teehee. I would have lost the plot laughing!!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't give him a penny. That sign is disgusting. To each his own.

Fifi said...

Hi Jimmie
A sense of humour is needed in Africa..... it's either cry of laugh.. I choose the latter!
One positive on life here....... at least our pets don't end up in our plates!!!!!teehee
Sorry you got offended!

KC said...

LOL, that made me laugh also.

Unknown said...

Well -- at least he's honest! LOL