Sunday, May 13, 2007

I love the name MOM!

Being a mommy is such a blessing! And being a homeschool mommy is a double blessing! I have friends who say to me "How can you be around your kids for that long, they must drive you crazy!"
No, quite the contrary, I wouldn't want it any other way. They make me laugh, and sometimes cry. They hang onto every word that exits my mouth, and sometimes they correct me! We have fun together, and sometimes it's just pure slog! But the most important thing to me, is that I am getting closer to them as they grow older, and I am understanding their unique personalities alot better.

Why do I tell you this?....... well, partly because it is Mothers Day, a day for us to reflect upon the motherly subject, but also because when Hubby was diagnosed with 4th Stage Kidney failure(2 months ago), we made a decision to put the boys back in school. The plan was for me to study so that, if necessary, I would be marketable if we needed to earn money.

I put their names down at a couple of schools, and got info on a course I was interested in. We had no response from the schools for weeks. But this gave Hubby and I time to realise that this was not what we wanted for our family. We were all thriving on home education...... so why change something, that doesn't need changing?!?!
Over the last month I have had time to reflect upon the whole homeschooling issue, and I realised that ,besides the great education my boys were getting, I was getting so close to them......... so why would I want to put a halt to this?!?!
God is so faithful...... Even though Hubby and I attempted to open doors that would lead us along a different path, God knew what was right for us and he kept those doors firmly closed. I often make my own plans, put pray "If this is not your will God, keep the door shut." He honoured the prayer... of course!
I will always be a mommy......... but I am so glad that I will walk in an even greater blessing, and continue to be a Homeschooling Mommy!

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mommies!
love Fifi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Christine said...

That's a great testimony! It's wonderful that you and your hubby were able to listen to God's voice even in the midst of trials. I pray that your decisions will continue to be blessed! Happy Mommy's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...God is at work there! If it were meant to be a spot would have opened. How is your hubby feeling lately? Keep us (me) updated, please.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Yes, I would like an update on your husband too.

That brought tears to my eyes. It is hard to homeschool at times, but I love the closeness too.

la bellina mammina said...

That's a great post Fifi! Happy Mother's Day to you.

Beth said...

Your post was amazing! I am so glad God has confirmed your belief in homeschooling. You are a great mom and teacher and wife. I'm so sorry about your hubby's diagnosis...I guess I started visiting your site after you found out, so I didn't know. I will be praying for him. Happy Mother's Day!!

beth

Anonymous said...

It was great you stopped in on my blog on HSB. I think it is neat that the web brings together moms that are so far apart. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I enjoyed your site. We will be praying for your hubby.
Chasity in Alabama
mojmommy

Michelle said...

Fee,
This is such a sweet post! You are such a great wife & mom and I'm glad that you will be able to continue to homeschool the boys.
Hugs,
Michelle