Monday, May 14, 2007

Update on Hubby!

I have had many questions from concerned friends who want to know how Hubby is.
If you weren't told that he was in 4th stage kidney failure, you wouldn't have the foggiest that he was quite sick! He looks so well! He has always exercised and been very fit! The doctors are even astounded that he doesn't have the normal symptoms.

But his condition is serious..... he has to reduce the sodium, phosphate and potassium levels in his blood through eating the right foods. Because his kidney is not filtering properly, high levels of the above 3 are present in his blood. These can cause heart disease. The dysfunction of his kidney is also causing high cholesterol (sitting at 9). His blood pressure is also very high..... but beta blockers have brought it down slightly.
The Nephrologist said that he has had this condition for about 20 years!!!
Short of a miracle..... and we believe God can heal Hubby....... his condition does lead to Dialysis and/or a kidney transplant. When?We cannot tell ..... it could be sooner or later.
When something like this happens to you and your family, you start to re-evaluate what living is all about!
That's where we are at!
Love Fifi

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Fee,
I have just been getting caught up on all your post and I am so sorry to hear about your hubby! We will keep him in our prayers! Please keep us updated
Love,
Michelle

Halfmoon Girl said...

I will pray for you all as well. Thanks for letting us know what is happening.

Tanzi is SO cute. Good job on that!

Oh, by the way of thought of you yesterday when I found my daughter on the roof. I was remembering how you found your boys' pictures from the roof. Anyhoo, I calmly said " could you please come in and close the window. I don't know what to say right now, so I will be back." Then I went on my way.

Beth said...

Fee, thanks for sharing an update. It helps me know how to pray.

beth

Mom 2 six said...

Praying for your hubby !

Kate said...

My daughter Grace is exactly where your husband is. She hates not eating macaroni and cheese and everything has salt in it. She eats a tums with each meal to bind the phosphates. On the 29th of this month she'll have a peritonel dialysis catheter put in. Her energy level is still good also.
Your in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

OH Fifi,
My heart goes out to you and your hubby. My dad is now on at-home dialysis. It hasn't been easy. He is "refusing"my perfect match kidney, can u believe it? This is hard to accept, since I'm SOOOOOOO willing to give it. I told him that it's the least I could do, but I think he also wants to "protect me" by not taking it. I pray that God does a miracle healing for your husband!
Love, Jen

KC said...

He and all of you are still in my prayers.

Ryan said...

Fee...I just checked your blog. (I love your blog by the way.) I can't believe 20 years, wow. Please send B our love and tell him we are praying. I miss you!!!
We're praying.
Katrina

Trina said...

Oh Fee,

That is so scary! I didn't know that he had stage 4 kidney failure. What caused him to go get checked if he didn't have any symptoms? You are so right though, we need to remember to enjoy this life, its not meant to last forever, but I know that God is very very capable of healing him. Please keep us updated!!

Shan said...

I've been wondering about your Mr. G as you hadn't mentioned his kidneys and how they were for a long time. I'm praying over here as well Fifi. Life is so scary and unpredictable. Thank you for the prayer reminder. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that you and your family are in my thoughts, sorry to hear about your hubby, it will all turn out fine just wait and see.