Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Weightloss Challenge

Today, I joined the May Day Weight Loss Challenge. I am 5ft 7in and need to lose about 25kgs(55 lbs).... Yes, dear friends it's shocking!

I had my first baby at 25years and was able to lose the weight pretty soon after he was born. With my second pregnancy, I gained many more pounds, and it took me about 2,5 years to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 64kg(140 lbs). My third child was born in 2004, and I have not been able to lose my weight! I actually weigh more NOW, then I did when I was full term with her!!!!!! After this pregnancy my thyroid packed in and I had to go onto high doses of Eltroxin.
So this challenge is just what I need.
I enjoy gym, and for the past month, I have been going 5 times a week for 30 minutes a session. I only do cardio. I can't say I have lost anything though!
What I need to change, is to cut out bread, drink more water, eat smaller portions, and eat dinner as early as possible.( Not 9 PM!)
S0 I am hoping the accountability of this challenge will keep me on the straight and narrow !
Love Fee

8 comments:

Robin said...

Hi- I'm a fellow challenger just dropping by to wish you luck! We can do this!

Denise said...

Wishing you much success, I am taking the challenge also.

Kate said...

Go girl...loose those pounds!

Katie said...

I'm so glad you've joined in this too! We can keep each other motivated :-)

Halfmoon Girl said...

i second what Kathleen said!

Christine said...

Yay! Good for you jumping in! I'm 5' 7" also and want to make it down to 135, so it looks like we've got almost the same goal. We can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi fee,
I'm hearing ya! Takes so long as we get older... and just fyi..I'm only 5'5"tall
my wedding weight - 123
my healthy goal - 140
me now - 158
oh well! I have been hit with the sluggish, lazy stick! Try strength training, muscle burns more cals that fat does, it will work for you :)

Michelle said...

Fee,
I may have to join in on this! I am gonna start weight watchers tomorrow ~ so this will give me extra motivation! I got back down after baby #2 but I just cannot get rid of it now! Eating cookies and cakes all the time does not help =) plus I need to start back on my treadmill!
I'm gonna check out the site maybe I'll see ya there
Hugs
Michelle