Saturday, July 28, 2007

2Great books!

I am reading two very different books at the same time! The pink one on the left is by Julie-Ann Barnhill and is called Radical Forgiveness.The other is by John C. Maxwell and is called Dare to Dream....... then DO IT.

Julie-Ann Barnhill was the guest speaker at a ladies weekend I went to a couple of months ago. I have never laughed so much in my entire life. She is just so real and extremely funny! We all have hurts, regrets and failures and lack of forgiveness in our lives........ Julie makes you realise that we all mess up often! In fact she encourages you to repeat the sentence... "I am a mess of magnificent proportions!"

I mentioned that I have felt an urgency to be more responsible with my giftings and talents. The John Maxwell book is challenging me in SO many areas of my life. It is to the point and extremely motivating. The U.S President Thedore Roosevalt said..... "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

That's it for now!

love Fifi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

sara said...

Looks like great reads! Love that quote by Roosevelt.

meNmykids said...

Sound like very interesting books. You are doing good to work on your talents, I think we all kind of take our own for granted and don't improve to the best that we can.

Gill said...

Those books look very good, thanks for sharing!

la bellina mammina said...

Sounds like great books - will check if they carry these books at the bookstore here!

Halfmoon Girl said...

that is a fabulous quote by Mr. Roosevelt!