Sunday, July 5, 2009

Poisoned ... what was I thinking?

Oh My Greatness!!!
I have been in bed all weekend!
The last time I remember being this sick, was two weeks before my wedding!

On the Thursday I was feeling grim so I slept most of the day and went to bed early. I woke up the next day feeling slightly better ..... so I decided to spring clean the pantry and linen cupboards. By 3 that Friday afternoon I was feeling a whole lot worse so I climbed back into bed. Then I just went downhill from then.

By Saturday evening I had such a bad fever that I was almost at the point of being delusional. I kid you not! I had thoughts going through my mind that someone must have poisoned me! About an hour or so later I felt the fever break and my mind go into a sort of rewind/reverse mode.(make any sense?) I sweated like a piglet for the rest of the night ...... but I woke up this morning feeling a whole lot better. I've still got some body aches and a slight temperature .... but these are bearable compared to what I experienced yesterday!

Have a beautiful week!

MrGee was a star he cooked for the kids on Fri and Sat night, got them to tidy the house and he looked after me beautifully.( Thanks babes . x)

11 comments:

Eileen said...

You poor thing!
I've been there myself, where I felt so sick that I was sure someone had poisoned me! And just like you, it took me a few days to get over it!

I'm glad you're on the mend. And 'Kudos' to your guy! Sweet of him to take charge!
Rest up.

Feel better.
All the best,
Eileen

tamlovesran said...

Bless your heart! I'm glad you're getting better.

JoAnn said...

So sorry you've been sick FiFi. I've had strep throat on this side of the Atlantic, (just so you don't feel too alone), I am with you in your misery. HEE HEE. Glad your better now.

JoAnn

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Oh no, that's terrible. What do you think it was?

Carpe Diem Prep said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Fifi said...

ByHisGoodGrace ...... I thought that maybe I was going through some sort of deliverance due to a certain family members prayers .... hehehe !!

Livin' out loud said...

OH MY! So sorry THAT is the WORST kind of sickness!
BIG Hugs
Susan

Halfmoon Girl said...

yikes- hope you are feeling back to normal- I detest having a fever like that!

Jerelene said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick...I hope you are feeling better in a jiffy!! Sending prayers of healing your way!!
With love, Jerelene

Shan said...

Just catching up Fifi or I'd sent an elixir right over! Hope you are totally over whatever that was-EEK and YIKES! Was Mr. G scared for you? Sounds just horrible. Be careful with yourself young lady. No Spring cleaning until you are 100%! x

Madeleine said...

Oh you poor thing.

I remember when my mom was that sick about 3 years ago. I remember her talking such utter non-sense, probably the delusional thing, for if you knew my mom, you would know that there is no other straight as an arrow person in the nation.

Glad you are feeling better!