Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My blog turns four!

When I posted my first entry in Oct 2005 I was totally unaware of the adventure that was about to unfold in my life ......... it all happened one evening as I searched the internet for homeschooling advice. I was directed to a blog at homeschoolblogger.com. I signed up that night not quite knowing the reason why I wanted or needed a blog!! My first post EVER ... One Giant Leap!

Initially I saw blogging as a tool for gleaming ideas from other creative homeschooling moms. Then......... I experienced the excitement of meeting other ladies from all over the world. As I got more confident, I started to tweak my template(play around with the html code) and had fun creating new effects on my blog.

In the last two years I have been more selective about what I blog on. I've tried to make it less about me and my opinion, and have focused more on creating memories. When the kids have flown the nest, I will still have all those beautiful memories to treasure. When I sit with my grandchildren, I will be able to share with them the fun times their parents had as youngsters.

(PS .... thank you to all my wonderful blogging gals who visit and comment ..... I would really love to enjoy a cuppa tea/coffee with you at a real table! This virtual table is great but to actually meet you would be SO much better!)

10 comments:

Beth said...

Happy.....Anniversary!! How lovely to be able to sit at a real table with all our blogging buddies!

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy Blogoversary!

~Luke

Mom 2 six said...

I would love that tea conversation-I have enjoyed following you for years !

tamlovesran said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Kim said...

Yaay...happy birthday/anniversary/blogoversary...whatever you want to call it! 4 Years is a long time...isn't it fun to look back to see how your children have grown, and how your lives have changed as you recall memories you might otherwise have forgotten?

I hope one day to have my blog printed out just as a keepsake for my children. This is where I want to have it printed...maybe your husband can have yours printed for you for Christmas this year!! =)

http://blogger.sharedbook.com/pilot/enterBook.do?bookId=Blog2Print_Blogger

Oh how I'd love to sit and enjoy some tea with you...but since we can't, I still want you to know I appreciate you and am glad we've become friends online. =)

Blessings,
Elinor

Anonymous said...

First time reader :)

Although a few days late I Just wanted to pass by and say Happy Blogoversary!

Look forward to reading more from you.

Blessings,
Eevee

Livin' out loud said...

I would LOVE to come to you for a cup of coffee, I have always wanted to visit Africa, and now I have a friend there!!! Don't ever stop blogging!!!
Hugs
Susan

Mrs. Guthrie said...

Meeting for coffee/tea at a real table rather than a "cyber" one would be rather nice... :) Happy bogaversary!! :)

Carpe Diem Prep said...

Hi!
Happy Anniversary! Love reading your blog and keeping up with your family.

Christina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It made me smile! Has it really been four years since you started this blog? Wow! Cool!