Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mind Mapping

At the beginning of this year I came across a book called Mind Maps for kids by Tony Buzan. Because Jamie was just starting out on the homeschooling path I decided to focus on other things and set this aside.

On Monday I gave him the book, and we went through the basics. I went to the National Geographic Kids magazine, found an artical on 'The Giant Squid", and told him to go to the outside chalk board and to PROCEED!


He spent an hour 'designing' his mind map......and when finished said, "Mom, can I do another one soon?" HE LOVED IT!~
Just as Lap Booking allows you to learn as you create...SO DOES Mind Mapping!
I tried Lap Booking with my boys and they were NOT too interested in all the colouring in and cutting out! BUT.... with mind mapping, they get to be creative without all that extra fuss!

Check it out!

Fifi

How to Mind Map
An example of an Adult Mind Map

No comments: