Sunday, March 11, 2007

My wonderful weekend!

My favourite exhibition was on this weekend, and I got to go twice!
On Friday I cancelled school (except for the weekly tests) and took the boys to the Hobby X show. They were over the moon that school was not happening, and even more jubilant when Dad gave them each a generous amount of money to spend on whatever caught their fancy! They found remote control cars that they could modify and speed up and I bought a beautiful quilting project to make for TanziPanzi's bed. The last time I quilted I was 12......so we'll see how it goes!
When I got home that night Hubby surprised me! I had been chatting about all the wonderful things I had seen, and he said "Well why don't you take X amount of money and go get yourself some!" I did the dance of joy!
So Saturday morning I arranged for Nelly, my domestic helper, to stay for the morning and look after Tanzipnazi........ and I went shopping! !!
I got a mosaic project, another quilting project, a decoupage project, scrap booking supplies, some necessary tools and this fabric painting project that I completed today!
It's a pillow for TanziPanzi..................






The very proud owner...................................... overdoing the smile a tad!!!!!

I had FUN! Love Fiona

4 comments:

Trina said...

I love quilting and doing art projects, especially if they are for keepsakes (not just stuff to put on the fridge or something). I love your pillow, the second pic didnt show up for me. Im glad you had such a great time this weekend!

KC said...

Hi Fee.. sounds like you had such a great weekend.. How fun is that getting to go twice and getting all that fun stuff.. Sorry I haven't commented in a bit. I found your blog a few weeks ago Loved it saved it and then my computer crashed and I lost my favorites.. and today was the 1st day I came across one of your comments so I could find your blog again.. I'm so happy I found it.. I think I'll go over and link you to my blog so I don't ever have to worry about loseing you again. :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like such FUN!!! I love all things crafty, but can't seem to find the time to finish anything.

I've never been to a hobby show...I probably shouldn't...but now that you've told me about one, I'll have to keep my eye out! Hmmm...I don't know if there are any crafty things left out there that I haven't at least tried! But it will be fun to find out, right?

Keep us posted on your projects!

Love,
Marsha
(using an old google account, but you can find me at www.homeschoolblogger.com/drewsfamilytx)

Kim's Life said...

Yeah arent you lucky. I use to love doing crafts but I dont seem to have the time at the moment. Im the sort of person who starts and never finishes. LOVE the pillow.