Monday, May 21, 2007

A Great Break!

What a great long weekend!
Things have been pretty stressful with extended family issues , SO......... getting away to the mountains was a great idea! We had a blast! This was probably the best time we have spent away! The room was spectacular and the food was deee-licious!
We enjoyed walking in the mountains. On our last walk we got horribly lost, and ended up in the midst of a troupe of monkeys! They were all jumping from tree to tree above us, and barking like dogs! I kept praying in tongues,.... and CoolDude (who was in front of me) asked " Are you talking to me, Mom?.... 'cause I don't understand!"
We were scared! The boys got out their knives ready to stab(if necessary), and I held onto my wooden stick and was prepared to clobber anything that attacked me!
Thankfully, we made it back to camp unscathed!

Love Fifi

7 comments:

la bellina mammina said...

WOW! What an adventure! Am jealous - gonna go to Europe soon, aso I hope to be able to go to the mountains too.
Story of the monkeys, that must have been terrifying. Thank god you guys are fine.

la bellina mammina said...

got you on my blog too, so I don't have to keep checking my journal for your blog address!:-)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! How scary. Glad you guys made it back safely and had a great trip.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary!!!!!

KC said...

oh my goodness.. Monkeys.. WOW.. how scary.
Though I forgot where you lived there for a second.
I was thinking MONKEYS?!?!? In the mountians?!?!?! here in our mountians, black bears yes but monkeys no.. LOL
I'm glad you all were safe and that you had a good weekend.

Trina said...

Monkeys? Wow, you do live in a different world...yikes!

Erin said...

This made me laugh! It is something that would never ever happen to me. do we even have monkeys in America? However I did once wake up with a bear in my back yard.