Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Boomshaka ......laka!

On our recent trip, we enjoyed a sunny day at the Sun City Resort. You Americans have your past presidents carved into a mountain....... well, we have our famous wildlife!

One of the fun events that happens on the hour every hour, is the shaking of the bridge! It's great fun to be on the bridge as it shakes, rumbles and spurts smoke!

TanziPanzi was rather scared of all the commotion! Daddy had to console her!


As you walk off the bridge you have this magnifcent view of one of the most expensive hotels in Southern Africa.......... The Palace of the Lost City.

Not being a resident of The Palace of the Lost City, we could not go up to it.Bummer!

But we were able to walk through the beautiful man made jungle!

The boys got to shake this bridge and freak their Mamma out!

And then we stumled upon a secret beach................ it was beautiful!

Well, by this time I was definitely ready for a delicious Strawberry Dakari, so we headed on back to our hotel.
That's it...... love and hugs Fifi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi FEe,

Your posts about SA always make me so homesick! Sigh... all it seems to do here is rain, and this is summer! We have winter rainfall. And the weather girls say we're going to have frost soon! MIDDLE OF SUMMER! I know why the British have a facination with talking about the weather!

Be strong with the diet and fitness regime! Looks like you and I have a similar amount to loose, maybe I'm a little more. Not been brave enough to get on the scales.

lots of love
Amanda

Robinella said...

Beautiful country you live in. Africa is on my list of continents I would like to visit. Okay, I'd like to visit them all but definitely this one. I love the animal carvings.

Halfmoon Girl said...

At the risk of sounding ignorant- isn't there jungle vegetation occuring naturally, or is that in different areas? Looks like a fun time!

Kate said...

Next you need to start posting videos of your trips. It'll be like an IMAX!

KC said...

WOW looks amazing. You have been tagged over at my blog

ossy said...

I've been perusing your blog and wanted to comment on how wonderful your family is. (Especially the two boys in the photo-it's so sweet). My life right now is a bit topsy-turvy so it was a pleasant break for me to live a little through you. Your photos are very inviting. I honestly never thought of visiting SA, but it now seems like a place I'd like to experience.

Mom 2 six said...

Oh that is so beautiful !!
:) and the kiddos too !

momto3blessings said...

Wow that looks amazing. I love the pictures. That looks like alot of fun.

la bellina mammina said...

Gorgeous photos!! We have something similar like that here, but it's on a much smaller scale.

Anonymous said...

I want to come to South Africa. The pics were great. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. The carvings of the animal are the best. My son would LOVE that.
Chasity
www.homeschoolblogger.com/mojmommy

sara said...

I love those pictures!!!! Amazing! I really need to visit!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that really is some palace.

It looks like y'all are having a grand family adventure!