Monday, January 19, 2009

Our first day!

It felt like we had been waiting for this day forever!!!!
The boys and I have been SO excited to get back to homeschooling.
I kid you not...... In the middle of their Christmas hols the boys sighed and said ,"I wish homeschool was starting now!" ...... " Check at these cool books, this year is gonna be awesome!"





The day went well, except for few hiccups with the computers and mother's lack of sufficient planning! (I think one can never do enough planning!.... or am I crazy.)

Here's a very brief summery of what we are doing this year.....
Devotions .... The Names of Jesus / New Testament Matthew-Acts
Hist/Geog .... The Eastern Hemisphere... China/Japan/Australia/New Zealand/India/Russia/Asia/Africa/Pacific Islands/Middle East/Mongolia/Korea/Antarctica
Maths .... Singapore and Horizons
Language Arts ..... Sonlight Curriculum (Language Arts 4 and Lit 130)
We decided not to do Science this year as my boys are streaks ahead in this subject. I felt it would be beneficial for them to focus on other subjects that could do with a little more attention!
Afrikaans .... our country's second language. I have employed an Afrikaans lady to come and teach the boys.(I can speak and understand the language, but have NO confidence to teach it!!!!)
Electives ... Typing Instructor Deluxe , Professor Teaches Web Pages & Graphics.
So that's us sorted for the year!.... hopefully .... I am quite aware that it will probably change some way or the other!!


xx

16 comments:

ByHISgoodGrace said...

The classroom looks incredible! I love what you've done with it. I know exactly how you are feeling and I am so happy for you!
The room looks like an excellent place to be, so I'm sure it adds to their eagerness to learn.
Nice job, Mom!

Mom 2 six said...

Looks wonderful ! Love the excitement !

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful school room! It sounds like you are off to a great start!! Have a great week!!!

Luke Holzmann said...

May this year be as "awesome" as expected and more. Hurray for "cool books" [smile].

~Luke

Halfmoon Girl said...

What an amazing classroom! What a great place to learn in!

Diane said...

Wonderful classroom! You are going to have a great year, I can tell!

Anonymous said...

HI FEE,
THE CLASSROOM LOOKS AMAZING,
HAVE FUN
I KNOW YOU WILL, LOVE CATH

Katie said...

Your school room is amazing! I'm so excited for you to be back homeschooling.

meNmykids said...

The school room is great! The excitement for the schooling even better. What a lovely way to learn, we are so blessed to be able to do this.

tamlovesran said...

Sounds like a great year ahead and the layout of your learning room is great.

Anonymous said...

Your room is sooooo pretty. I am so happy that you are getting to homeschool again this year. I know there will be amazing memories made this year for you guys.
Be blessed,
Chasity

Trina said...

That looks awesome!! You know I love pictures! What a great way to start off the new homeschool year! Abram is in school this year, but I miss having him home. Levi is loving his homeschool experience this year and that feels really good.

Chelle said...

Gorgeous classroom!

Anonymous said...

I also think that homeschooling is really fun! Cheers!

Livin' out loud said...

Fifi I love you school room layout! It looks warm, inviting and ready to work in! Thanks for sharing!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Love the learning room!

I hope that last week went well for you all.....do tell me about the Africaans language. Is that spoken by certain tribes, by only black Africans or white africans. by everyone? How did you learn it?

I think you are off to a great start!!!