Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wahoooo ... It arrived !

I honestly squealed with delight when I saw this pink envelope sitting on the kitchen counter. I knew immediately what it was , and that it was for ME! The envelope was decorated with pretty stickers so I opened it carefully not to ruin it's look. What encouraging words written by a very special friend.



Just three months short of my 40th and I eventually get my first pen pal!
Thank you Jerelene ... I look forward to writing back and I'm excited about getting to know you better.

( I have a pen-pal, I have a pen-pal.)

5 comments:

Kim said...

ooh, Pen pals are SO much fun!! I have a pen pal from when I was 7. She was a missionary kid in Costa Rica, I was a young girl here in the States who was going to Pioneer Girls at our church. It was missions week and her family asked if I was interested in writing to her. Long story short...we wrote almost bi-weekly for years. In 1993 I went to Costa Rica to FINALLY meet her face to face. I went to her wedding too. She since has been to visit me in the States and we truly feel like sisters. Enjoy your pen pal and have fun!!

Hugs,
Elinor

Eileen said...

I know exactly how you feel, as just this month I got a letter from my pen-pal too! Jerelene is so good to come up with this idea! She really is a sweetheart!
All the best,
Eileen

Jerelene said...

Hi Fiona!! I'm glad you got the card..and I am glad that you liked it too :) I'm very excited to be YOUR pen-pal too :) I wonder from the date on the stamp...how long it took to get to you?
Hugs.........Jerelene

Mrs. Guthrie said...

LOVE IT!!! :) I had a pen-pal when I was younger.... It was so neat! :) Hmm... maybe I should get one again...... ;)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

That is so cool! I had a pen pal from Germany when I was 13. We wrote off and on for the next 7 years, then lost touch. :(